Reviews: Workspaces
Item logo image for Workspaces

Workspaces

4.2(

57 ratings

)

4.2 out of 5

57 ratings

Google doesn't verify reviews. Learn more about results and reviews.

  • All reviews
  • Recent
  • Helpful
  • Highest to lowest rating
  • Lowest to highest rating
  • English
  • All languages
Review's profile picture

Ron BeerninkJul 10, 2024

It is disappointing that this feature isn't baked into the Chrome base yet, but so great to have this plug-in instead even if it is too basic. What I am missing is the ability to sync these workspaces across the different devices that I run Google Chrome on with this plug-in. The plug-in should also automatically set the window name to match the workspace name; something that needs to be otherwise done manually by the user.

Review's profile picture

Lorraine JoubertJul 8, 2024

If it does not include the option to save a tab group to the workspace it is redundant. Then it is just another form of tabgroups. It is a new(open) window with too many open unorganised tabs. How do I add a tab to a workspace???

1 person found this review to be helpful
Review's profile picture

Moira TonerJun 8, 2024

For me, it is easily a 5-star tool. I've been using Beta/Dev versions of tabs for years. I agree, it was a productivity and sanity game-changer from the start. Except... I cut one star because a (very obviously needed) feature is missing, and a second one because it has been missing for so long. Of course it's technically possible...those are resource decisions that I do not make whether you are Google or third party. For everyone else, you need and want Workspaces if you don't need an Ac... Show more

Review's profile picture

Nikola IvanovMay 7, 2024

Works well 99% of the time. The other 1%? Well, it loses all tabs inside the workspace. If it happens to be workspace not visited for a long time you're doomed getting your tabs back.

1 person found this review to be helpful
Review's profile picture

Tyler AndersenApr 15, 2024

Works. Except when it doesn't. And it doesn't tell you. Chrome is missing the functionality of "Contexts", and this extension seeks to implement it via "Workspaces". First, the Workspaces are really a wrapper around a single window comprised of tabs. You're basically naming a window. There is some initial overhead in naming a window. Be sure to click the button to add the existing tabs (*). Problems: - You can have multiple workspaces with the same name (*) - You might find when you clos... Show more

3 out of 3 found this helpful
Review's profile picture

jie yanApr 12, 2024

It's the final workspace solution on Chrome. I like it. Hope to add a search feature.

Review's profile picture

Maurice KrausApr 3, 2024

Why does a workspace always has to open in a new window? can't we just close the old one and reopen in the same window?

2 out of 2 found this helpful
Review's profile picture

Lori BryanApr 1, 2024

Workspaces are a game changer for me. It's so efficient to have a group of tabs open so I can pick up where I left off on a project. This is amazing for someone who has multiple projects going on at one time. I would like to archive a workspace to get it out of my main list, but still have it available if a question comes up about the project.

2 out of 2 found this helpful
Review's profile picture

8-Bit AmitMar 19, 2024

It's basically just opening your tabs in a NEW WINDOW and therafter grouping them

2 out of 4 found this helpful
Review's profile picture

lv zhaoyangMar 17, 2024

A great extension for creating workspace and managing tabs! Thank you for you great work! It's really a useful tool for me! It would be better if I can open the workspace manager on the top left of the chrome, just like what workona does!(Because it is more convenient) Thanks again for your fantastic work!

Google apps